We welcome in-person appointments!
Due to a heavy influx of new patients, Dr. Gresham is unable to accept additional first-time appointments until early 2022. Please call us in late January to schedule new patient appointments with Dr. Gresham. Our very capable physician assistants will continue to provide assistance to new patients, so call us to set up your in-person or virtual appointment.
As we welcome back patients to our office, we ask you to observe sensible health guidelines:
- Hand Sanitizer is located at the front door area for use prior to appointment.
- Food / beverage service is still suspended for the time being.
- No hand shaking or other physical contact is permitted.
- Do not physically attend your appointment if you are sick- we can change this to a phone appointment very quickly if necessary.
- Patients should wait in their vehicle until 5 minutes before their appointment time.
- Adult patients should be accompanied by no more than 1 other person into the waiting area and children should be accompanied by no more than 2 adults.
- In the event of split households for minor patients: we must continue to enforce the 2 adult limit. Other participating caregivers are welcome to contribute via speaker phone or written communication prior to the appointment.
Phone / Video appointments
- One of the most often asked questions recently has been whether or not we will still be doing virtual appointments (aka telemed / telehealth).
- We are willing to schedule these, however, there will be no guarantee if (or for how long) different insurance companies will pay for these.
- Many insurers have given more flexibility with covering these appointments during quarantine, but it is not clear whether or not this will continue.
- If you want to find out with the greatest reliability, it is up to you to contact your insurance carrier and ask if they are covering telemedicine or not.
- Some insurers will allow a certain number of telemed appointments to be covered before mandating an in-person session, be mindful of this.
Welcome to Michigan Mental Wellness
We understand that finding mental healthcare can be a significant challenge. It is our hope that you will find our care above and beyond your expectations. We believe that healthcare is a service industry- and as a patient, you should be satisfied with that service. We will strive to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring that we can meet your specific needs in any way possible.
Michigan Mental Wellness takes pride in being on the cutting edge of technology, including the use of this Patient Portal as a tool for ensuring rapid registration and insurance verification. Know that your information is secured and used only for your treatment needs per your consent. We encourage you to fill out every entry possible, including the insurance plan details, to ensure no hold-ups in registration or securing coverage for services.
Finding a provider with whom you are comfortable can be a journey. It is our hope that your journey ends here. Welcome to Michigan Mental Wellness- where science, evidence-based medicine, comfort, and customer service combine to create what we hope to be a unique healthcare experience.
Meet Our Staff
- Assertiveness for Kids: A group for boys and girls ages 8-12 who struggle with power dynamics in the school setting. The focus will be on overcoming obstacles such as bullying, peer difficulties, and addressing needs with authority in appropriate, proactive ways.
- Assertiveness for Teens: Two groups, one for males and one for females, with the same goals of instilling a greater sense of self-assertiveness in the school setting when dealing with difficult peer interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
We currently are accepting Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plans as well as Aetna, Cigna and Confinity. Please check with your insurance carrier about your mental health benefits being covered under these plans prior to scheduling. If you have mental health coverage other than BCBS or Aetna, you can see if your carrier offers any out of network benefit, and if so- you can submit a cash-pay receipt for direct reimbursement from your carrier. We are not Medicaid or Medicare providers. We do have cash rates as well for those who do not have or do not wish to use insurance.
There is no charge for single-page paperwork such as excuse letters, medication forms for school, etc. There is a $25 paperwork completion fee for multi-page packets such as FMLA, disability, and extensive accommodation request forms. There is no fee for transfer of documentation from one clinician to another. A service fee of $40 applies if you require a full paper copy of your medical records if you receive them for personal use.
Contact Your Doctor
If you have a question for Dr. Gresham or Dr. Riehl, we ask that you leave a detailed message with the front staff who will relay your exact words to your doctor and will then relay his/her exact reply to you. This is the most efficient way of having your needs addressed due to his schedule. If your doctor is ever able to return your call directly, he/she will, but for a faster response, the clinic staff will relay all medically relevant questions and answers. If you need contact to occur between an outside provider (such as a primary care physician or a therapist) and Dr. Gresham or Dr. Riehl, we encourage written communication in the form of a faxed synopsis or progress note due to the difficulties in having two clinicians' schedules align for direct contact. A release of information is required in order to have any form of communication, verbal or written, take place between Michigan Mental Wellness and an outside provider.
Prescriptions and Refills
Refill requests will be filled on the same day when made Monday through Thursday 9am-3pm.
Requests made after 6pm on Thursday may not be filled until Monday morning, so please plan ahead for when you will be running low.
Because we utilized a special electronic prescription system, we are able to send prescriptions for controlled substances, however, you may want to ensure that your pharmacy of choice is able to receive EPCS (Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances) as not all are able to do so.
Contacting the Office
For routine questions about medications / therapy or issues related to scheduling / billing, please call the front office main number. If you feel that a patient is at acute risk of harm to self / others, please proceed immediately to the Emergency Room, do not wait to establish contact with the clinic. Though there is an option to email through the patient portal, we strongly encourage you to phone directly and leave messages in order to ensure a rapid reply. Please do not use the patient portal for medical emergencies. routine questions about medications / therapy or issues related to scheduling / billing, please call the front office main number. If you feel that a patient is at acute risk of harm to self / others, please proceed immediately to the Emergency Room, do not wait to establish contact with the clinic. Though there is an option to email through the patient portal, we strongly encourage you to phone directly and leave messages in order to ensure a rapid reply. Please do not use the patient portal for medical emergencies.